|发表于: 星期三 十二月 30, 2009 1:42 am 发表主题: Huawei USA (Santa Clara) hiring
|Huawei US R&D center is expected to expand from the current ~200
employees to ~400 in the next 12 months. Yes, the goal is to conquer
North America market. We have many positions open right now.
Position 1 (Online Video Platform Architect) - Multiple positions for
- As part of the US multimedia team, you are responsible for developing
a clear architectural vision for the OVP product with collaboration with
the existing CDN architectural teams. Keep consistency in design
methodologies across the CDN product suites.
- Responsible for the end-to-end video platform product architectural
design work, produce and review detailed architectural documents and
design output. Working with other architectural teams locally and
remotely to achieve a common goal.
- 7+ years of overall technology industry experience, especially in the
areas of Web applications, online multimedia, software platform and
services, communication platform and services
- 3-5 years hands-on experiences with large scale Online Video Platform
(OVP) architecture and development is essential.
- Understand basic media lifecycle and the relationships between stages
of media lifecycle. Clearly understand the value and role of an OVP.
Familiar with major components of and key design tradeoffs for an OVP
and current state of the art OVP capabilities. Understand the roles of
OVP, CDN, and media player in an end to end media service process.
- Understand online advertising model and basic architectures in
supporting ads. Familiar with popular ads platforms, online ad formats,
and state of the art ad insertion methods and design tradeoffs. Familiar
with subscription, and transaction based monetization methods is a plug
but not required.
- Understand SEO/SEM and related services for business. Understand end
user behavior analysis and data-mining and work with existing CDN
components to provide more intelligent reporting and analytics.
- Familiar with the technology and market trends such as HTTP adaptive
streaming, open screen project, HTML5 activities, semantic Web (RDF,
RDFS, OWL); carrier/telco/MSO’s interest in CDN and content services.
- Prior experience with relational DB such as MYSQL, Java development
protocols such as RTMP, RTSP, and HTTP based adaptive delivery, major
video codecs such as H.264, H.263, VP6, VC-1, etc; Media file formats
FLV, F4V, fragmented MP4, MPEG TS, etc. Experience with flash video
players, Adobe, ActionScript, Flex; Familiar with existing OVP platforms
Position 2 (Storage/Streaming Architect)
- Expert-level knowledge of cluster file systems (including
configuration and operation) utilizing commodity hardware.
- Solid understanding TCP/IP protocols in general, and HTTP, FTP and
streaming protocols (RTMP, RTSP, MMS) in particular.
- Strong knowledge of current live streaming technologies, and
experience with scalable distribution of live streams.
- Knowledge of transcoding and DRM technologies would be a plus
- Development experience with Linux, C/C++, Python
For all positions:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual
contributor and a technical lead for planning and coordinating tasks
with an offshore team.
- Traveling back to Shenzhen/Beijing for cumulative two months annually
- We are not sponsoring new H1B, but we take H1B transfer. Huawei does
sponsor green card application.
- 5-10 years experience in software development. B.S. in Computer
Science, or related technical discipline. M.S., Ph.D. a plus.